In order to obtain your own CPC as a Transport Manager, you will need to pass an exam administered by OCR. Exams are held 4 times a year: in March, June, September, and December. It consists of 2 parts:
- Multiple Choice (2 hours 15 minutes).
- Case Studies (2 hours 15 minutes).
Here’s one example (more are available here – In “Subject” select “Transport management”):
- Case Study Exam – Question Paper – March 2019
- Case Study Exam – Case Study – March 2019
- Case Study Exam – Answers and Examiner Report – March 2019
You can buy self-study materials here. That book is about 5cm thick, and it’s a stack of A4 sheets of paper printed on both sides. You are allowed to bring any paper materials to the Case Study part of the exam but not to Multiple Choice.
This book can help you in preparation for the Multiple Choice part of the exam, but it has many errors and many parts of it are badly outdated. Still, it is the only book of this type available so it’s better than nothing.
Watch our YouTube video with a multiple choice exam
Good luck on your exam!